>

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

CHRISTMAS (NON-TRADITIONAL)

 3-D embossing folders are being featured lately by several stamp companies along with ideas for using them.  Yana Smakula had some great inspiration this past week and so I had to have a go.


I first embossed my flower background and then smudged white pigment ink lightly over the top of the raised areas.  That piece was mounted on rose gold metallic cs and then onto a navy card base.  Cut the "joy" from the same rose gold and the "to the world" from the same color as the background.   After I had the design all figured out, it was a pretty simple card.

I am entering my card at CAS Christmas (non-traditional colours), Darnel's NBUS (first time using the ef), Virginia's Show and Share and The Flower Challenge (use a sentiment).





Thanks for stopping by.




14 comments:

  1. Your embossed background is gorgeous, Betty...I love how the white ink takes on a dreamy look on the flowers and leaves! Beautiful Christmas card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique and the card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossed background, Betty, and I love the rose gold sentiment and mat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unique & beautiful, Betty! I'm going to watch the videos & make something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love all the soft colorful texture from the 3D washed lightly with white! It goes so well with the gold and navy, Betty! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Betty. I saw this over at The Flower Challenge and was suitably impressed. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you smudged the white ink on top of the raised areas Betty, how clever I must remember that! your sentiment looks so perfect in gold here too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Betty! What a lovely technique. I love that rose gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas card. That technique made the EF design pop beautifully. The rose gold adds to the elegance. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen those 3D EF Betty - but haven't been tempted - now I see what you can do I may have to change my thinking - your card is gorgeous. Love the colours and the gold just pops. See you again at the Snippets Playground - Cheers Maurs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this is gorgeous., love the colour against the gold. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, I love the depth and dimension from the EF. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work, Betty! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!