>

Thursday, October 26, 2023

GINGKO LEAVES

I'm the board designer for this week at TicTacToe Challenge #232.  The idea I had in mind was to include fall and thanksgiving.  For my design, I went with the bottom row across - shape die, rust and leaves.  Hadn't done anything with my gingko leaves die for a long time - so that was my beginning.



Had some embossed and colored with pigment ink pieces of cardstock on my desk - had been playing with the technique from Jennifer which she showed a few weeks ago.  I had chosen copper metallic pigment ink and some darker pieces of cardstock.  Wasn't over the moon with the color combo or the dark colors.  So they became the leaves for my card. You can see the copper on the leaves a bit.   Used the arch dies for my card shape with a cream color metallic cs which I embossed with a circle impression plate.  Added the little birthday greeting and sequins and done!
 
Here's a closeup of the leaves embossed with copper.

 
 

Thanks for stopping by - join our challenge this week - the winner will be a future guest designer!  Crafty Hugs! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gingko leaves on that arched card, Betty! Love how the leaf colors change as they arch down the card - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Betty. Love the gingko leaves - the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!