>

Thursday, March 29, 2018

MORE MAGNOLIA

Have another magnolia card for you today.  When I first received this new Hero Arts stamp, I decided I would use it with different mediums and different card designs for my A Blog Named Hero Facebook team posts this month.  In case you missed it, the first one is here.   Since I have been using it, it's fast become my favorite flower stamp - which is the challenge this month at A Blog Named Hero - use your favorite Hero Arts product.  Besides this stamp I love their embossing powders and black ink - use them all the time!



I colored with my polychromos again, but this time on kraft cs.  I laid down a base of white on the magnolia before adding color with two shades of pink.  The flowers were first stamped with Versamark and white embossed and the sentiment was stamped in black and clear embossed. I had to snip a bit of the flourish off on the "you" so I could get it to fit on the card properly.  Trimmed the piece down to 4"x5.25" and popped it up on a white card base with fun foam.  Added some white Nuvo drops and done.  TaeEun has a wonderful video showing how to color with pencils - she is a fantastic artist and you can learn so much from her.

Plan on experimenting with alcohol inks, watercolours and copics with this same stamp.

I have always had trouble positioning a wood block stamp.  To make things easier for myself, I peeled this stamp off the block and coated it with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over - I just put a little bit on the back and smooth it out with a credit card or something similar - let it dry overnite and you have a cling stamp to use in your MISTI. 

There's still time to create a card with your HA faves and enter it here.


Thanks for stopping by today and always love to read your kind comments.



9 comments:

  1. Its amazing... I love the White embossing on craft and the colering

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like this one even more than the first card, Betty--absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful design & coloring, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous magnolias, Betty - so pretty in kraft!! I'm with you - need to do surgery on my woodblock stamps to use in MISTI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous magnolia, and wow we did use the same flower today. Gorgeous colored on the Kraft cs. And with the white stamping it looks fab on a white card base. Thanks too for the tip on converting a wood stamp to cling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really beautiful card Betty. Using Kraft cardstock really makes the colours pop

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING! Love this image and so beautiful on the kraft background. Enjoying seeing the different ways you use this image Betty!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring with your pencils, Betty! I love the effect on Kraft...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Karen Bull, a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. One of my favorite flowers and I really like how you did this on Kraft color cardstock. Thank you so much for playing along this month! Find me on instagram @karenzbull

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!