>

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A MIX OF THINGS

My card today for A Blog Named Hero is a mix of ideas from several places - awhile back Laurie Schmidlin did a post for Make-It-Monday called shadow backgrounds and Emily Midgitt has been doing some pencil coloring on Hero Arts layering papers. The coloring on the layering paper is so easy and fast - love love it - am going to need to buy some more of that paper!!!



I first stamped my background with soft brown ink on sort of a medium gray paper, cut it down to 4x5.25 and adhered to a base of the same color.  Then I spattered it with white acrylic paint that I had watered down a wee bit.  Next, I stamped the flower and leaves (from a My Monthly Hero Kit - but any flower would work) - again on the same color paper.  I used my MISTI and black ink leaving the stamps in place.  Prismacolors were used for coloring.  The reason I left the stamps in the MISTI was to again stamp in black when I had finished coloring.  This gives a nice black crisp outline.  Fussy cut the flower and leaves, popped up on my background, added a little sentiment and some black Nuvo drops on the stamen and done!

I am also entering my card in Kathy's coloring contest - she has 3 categories and I'm putting this in the intermediate category. 

A new challenge begins tomorrow (15 August) on A Blog Named Hero, so be sure to check it out.  Thanks for visiting today.

10 comments:

  1. Today's card is particularly lovely. I love it and that you shared how you made it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Betty. Love the coloring on colored papers, and that tip to stamp again is such a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Betty. The background colour is so subtle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with all the splatters, Betty! Will have to try coloring on layering paper - just love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Betty, love those white splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow--this is just gorgeous, Betty! I love the background & your beautiful coloring & of course, the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layered flower is gorgoeus Betty!! Looks amazing on that gorgeous coloured card base. The subtle tone-on-tone stamping in the background is fantastic!! Hope you are enjoying your vacation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous floral card, Betty! I love your shadow stamping on the layering papers and fabulous splatters! Love your layered bloom, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!