>

Thursday, February 21, 2019

THE STARS ARE OUT!

The theme this month on Darnell's Twofer Challenge is "stars" and I think I finally have created two distinctively different cards using the same stamp.



 


















I needed a birthday card for my son and started playing around with the stars stamp - clear embossed for the background.  Found some pp with stars and added that after die cutting the sentiment.  Put it on a pale gray base and added a few gold stars.  Here is a closeup of the background.


For the sympathy card I used a watercolored background with silver embossed stars - along with the sentiment I added some silver sequins and tiny sequin stars.  



The Watercooler Challenge this week is "masculine-anything goes" so will enter the birthday card there also.

Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.

9 comments:

  1. Betty, wonderful twofer. Your stars look great, and you definitely have two different cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it, Betty! 2 great cards & not at all alike even with the same stars! I really love the starry sentiment over the clear embossed background for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo on creating two distinctly different designs for two different occasions, Betty!! I love the sweet galaxy of stars stamp that you used for your prompt element. It looks great on the beautiful sympathy card and as a wonderfully cool element on your manly birthday card for your son!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome twofer cards! The CAS masculine birthday card is fabulous and I love the watercolor background of your sympathy card! Have a restful weekend, Betty! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, Betty! Your masculine card is perfect for your son's birthday, and I LOVE your galaxy background on your sympathy card! Great job on your Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, Betty. I'm sure your son will be delighted with his cool manly card! Love those stars you've clear embossed; they look amazing. And I would have never thought to use stars for a sympathy card, but they work wonderfully! Thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards... love the water coloring background

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Masculine cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect use of your stars stamp, Betty. I love the colours you've used for the cards. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!