>

Friday, February 1, 2019

WATERCOLOR & SALT

The other day Betsy Veldman did post about using colored salt with watercolors to create a background.  I had tried just salt before but never colored and it intrigued me and so had a go.  Used some copic ink refills to color some coarse salt in blues and greens.  After doing a wet on wet background, added the salt and let it do its work.  Really wasn't sure if the alcohol inked salt would work, but it did a good job - no problem at all.


Die cut a frame for the salted piece, added the sentiment and the flower and done.  

Thanks for stopping by - have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Betty. Love that flower its one of my favorite sets and as soon as those Valentines are done I can't wait to get the flower stamps out. I'm going to have to try that salt technique I think I have some coarse grains in the kitchen. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! Beautiful color mixes with the blues and greens going on here. Very clever to use the alcohol ink to color the salt too - I might have to try that! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Betty. I didn't know you could colour up the salt. This turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your delicate flower and the blue salt background, Betty!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you clever! Such a neat technique & beautiful card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed with how this technique turned out, Betty! Another beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!