>

Thursday, September 10, 2015

ANOTHER HERO ARTS MAKEOVER

Hero Arts has a new blog look - a great makeover - easy to navigate and looks fantastic.  They also are having a challenge for us to do makeover on one of our own cards.  I did one already and then went thru some oldies and decided to update one of cards with one of the HA all time favorites of mine - hydrangea.  

MAKEOVER

2012 ORIGINAL
Actually I like the coloring on the old version, but the rest of it is pretty scary - way too busy - no white space.  For my makeover, I stamped the hydrangea in distress pumice stone and then colored with Zig clean brush markers and water - I was aiming for no line watercoloring - didn't quite make it - but I like it anyway.  Instead of just straight line cuts, I used MFT stitched edges, added the little Clearly Besotted sentiment and some clear sequins - done and dusted!

I couldn't find the hydrangea (K5376) on HA website, but did find it in several places on the secondary market.  Think HA needs to make it in a clear stamp along with a matching die - would buy it in a minute!  I took mine off the wooden block and made it into a cling of sorts.

Thanks for visiting today and your kind comments.  Betty

8 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely a great idea for them to bring back this stamp......it's a fave of mine, too. Love your new version, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely a great idea for them to bring back this stamp......it's a fave of mine, too. Love your new version, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hydrangea, Betty - just love the natural look of it! And, you're right - the white space on this update looks great! The inspiration version is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Betty. It really shows how much you have come on in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this hydrangea! I don't see the stamped lines! I like the cleaner look too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hydrangea, Betty! I love your coloring and that you chose text and a pattern for your background! Really great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous makeover Betty! I agree, the first one is a little "busy" but then card styles have changed too! LOVE the coloring on your current card - Beautiful
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great makeover Betty, I love that stamp, everytime Iook at my stamps to clear some out, this one always makes the gotta keep it pile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!