>

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE...

My card today started out with the bulb in my Ottlite organizer burning out.   So I had to do something about that - tried to replace the bulb with the one from the Ottlite I had by my sewing machine (no organizer on this one) - bulb didn't work!  So had to move that lamp over to the work space.  What to do with all the stuff in the caddy part - reorganize the whole work space was the solution - throw out stuff, put stuff away, find stuff, store stuff that's hardly ever used away somewhere else, etc. etc. etc.  And in that whole process I found the watercolored piece that I used in my card today.  Thus the title of my post today - if you are familiar with children's book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff is darling, so fun to read to kids - a story of one thing leads to another!  Long intro for me!



So a card for three challenges came about!! Dawn McVey's "Make it Monday" technique was a camoflauged pocket insert card.  Virginia's View Challenge is to use geometric patterns and Darnell's Challenge #5 is "never before used stuff" and anything goes.

The NBUS is the watercolored piece using Brushos (new to me) and the PTI leaf silhouette die (also new).  The leaves are obviously geometric and also the chevron background.  Watch Dawn's video to see how I constructed it.  Supplies used: PTI Library pocket, PTI chevron coverplate, PTI patterned vellum and MFT stitched tag.  I think it's a fun card to make altho I did have to fiddle around to get the tag to go in the pocket just right and finding a sentiment stamp that would fit in the space took some playing around too!

Thanks for stopping by today and love to read your kind comments.  Betty
 

20 comments:

  1. Your burned out light turned out have a silver lining! Great find! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! It seems to me, "one thing leads to another" happens all the time in my life! Loved the story you shared and your card is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your burned out light helped your design to shine! Haha, I know that was corny. But your card is lovely. I'm not going to look at the feathers, because I really really really want them. They're SOOOOo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like me Betty nothing in a straight line ...all over the place with tasks. I feel I'm in good company with you. I took the grandkids to see the play.
    On to the gorgeous card....love the leaves on your tag! Great take on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knows what one will find when beginning a clean-up! You've inspired me! How lovely is your card with the leaves. And how pretty the watercolors. Just beautiful! Have to go, feel a cleaning coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I'm burned out just reading about all of your activity! It all worked out though - what a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully designed card. Love it! Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your little intro on how your card came about...we stampers must be wired a certain way as that story sounds waaaaaay too familiar!! :0) But anyway, your card is fabulous, and I just love those leaves with their water colored background!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pretty leaves on this fun pocket card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is as sweet as can be! I can totally relate to the events of your day. I've given a mouse a cookie many times... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card and now I'm wishing that I had ordered the Leaf Silhouettes. I also have leftovers from projects hiding all around - I love it when I find one that works on a card I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun technique and love the colours. Thanks for joining in on the NBUS challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always call it the "domino effect" smile. I start doing one thing and end up doing something completely different!
    Your card is lovely. Like the techniques that you chose to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job with your Brushos, Betty! I love the geometric shape on the leaves and your chevron background is fabulous! Love your take on Dawn's technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting card which I like a lot. Sorry about the Ott light but it didn't hurt your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, you could've fooled me, Betty! I would have sworn that your card was bedecked with a fabulous leaf tag. Period. But, no! It's a pocket! Well done, you!! And I got such a big kick out of your introduction! Only the truly unorganized won't appreciate exactly what you mean! Ah, if we only had a dollar for every time one thing lead to another - especially when it comes to craft room makeovers!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Betty....this is simply beautiful! Love your wonderful fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your leaves are just wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!