>

Saturday, September 26, 2015

WATERCOLOR POINSETTIA

A few days ago I finally took my friend's (Barb G.) advice and signed up for Deepti Malik's watercolor class on Craftsy.  The half-price offer was also a strong motivator.  So far am so impressed - Dee is an excellent teacher - learned so much just from the first lesson!  My advice - run don't walk and enroll in this class if you want to learn more about how to watercolor on your cards!

Since the challenge this week at Merry Monday is watercoloring, I used some of my new found info on my card.



Used my Kuretake Gansai watercolors on some Canson paper to create the background.  First did the light in a wet on wet wash, and when that was dry added the darker shades.  The poinsettias were white embossed on vellum and then fussy cut.  The sentiment is three layers of die cut.  Added a bit of gold thread and some sequins to finish it all.

Am also entering this in the Addicted to Stamps Challenge #163 which is "holidays" and Time Out Challenge #40 which is "CASE Tracey".

Thanks for stopping by today and love reading your kind comments.  Betty

16 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you sooooo much Betty for your input on my class, I am supremely happy to see the card you created. It totally makes me proud. The wash is gorgeous and the design incredible :) Also thank you to Barb for her advice on my class :) I am super honored and happy to visit you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class is great. I have done 3 lessons but need to finish it! Your wash is fabulous and love the layered flowers. Great to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, the water colored layers are gorgeous - as is that exquisite poinsettias. I may just run as you advise, I have been fiddling with water colours too and ...well, suffice to say I need help. LOL Thank you Bettty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous colored flower design Betty.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous colored flower design Betty.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take on Tracey's card, Betty! I love how you layered the vellum poinsettia, and your water colored background is just beautiful...A++ on this lesson, and I see Dee is so excited that you've joined her class! Love your sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry...I meant to add: Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful background, Betty! And I love that white on vellum poinsettia! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work Betty. I am contemplating that class. Will probably grab it at the next sale offering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The soft vellum flower with the watercolored background is such a great look. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. I've just signed up for the class. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is beautiful!!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is a fabulous Christmas card - I love the blue watercolour background, and that magnificent vellum poinsettia. Lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on receiving HM at ATSM, Betty! Your card is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!