>

Saturday, June 13, 2015

100 WEDDING INVITATIONS

A dear friend asked me to design and make her wedding invitations and here is the result!
I've erased their names for the photo from the top of the card but they were done in larger Edwardian script font and is a lovely contrast to the Ariel font block printing.

Since I had to make so many, it had to be simple to do and yet I wanted it to look quite classy also.  When I saw Julie Ebersole's Bold Blooms stamps and dies, that was it.  The invitation is printed on Neenah metallic white gold and the die cut is Neenah chalice silver cardstock.  I stamped the blooms in the corners with Colorbox silver pigment ink.  The vellum belly band holds both the invitation and the reply card.  Adhering the die cuts to the vellum band really went very quickly as I put some Glossy Accents in a Fineline bottle and was able to just use little dots of it.  This was thanks to Jennifer McGuire - see her video here.  Glossy accents dries so quickly that I didn't have to worry about having anything stick together when I stacked them.  I am doing the wedding program and will use the flower stamped in silver on that also.

Thanks for stopping by and always enjoy reading your kind comments!  Betty

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Betty! I would get married again just to have you make my invitations :) These are so elegant and I love the contemporary edge that the blooms give to the design! I bet your friend is delighted with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant Betty. I can imagine your friend is thrilled with the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these came out beautiful. you are a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So classy, Betty! You are a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Betty. I love that die set, I reach for it often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love these if I was getting married! So elegant, classy & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo Betty - mission accomplished! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creating machine you are, Betty!! These are spectacular and must have taken you ages to do, even with an assembly-line process and a fineline bottle! We all want you as our best friends!! I imagine the program is every bit as sensational!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how beautiful, Betty! I love your choice of blooms and the gorgeous color combo makes these invitations so elegant! I'll bet the bride flipped when she saw how they turned out, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These have to be some of the classiest wedding invites around! I can't believe you made that many of them. Your friend must feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!