>

Saturday, June 27, 2015

SCRAMBLE 121 AND CARD CONCEPT CHALLENGES

Today Cecelia challenged us to make a vintage card on the Hero Arts discussion group.  Only I was in such a hurry to make a card and get it posted, I didn't read the instructions very carefully  - Cecelia's sample card used a sketch from A Blog Named Hero and that's what I saw - hence a card where I loosely interpreted the sketch.
I embossed the HA butterfly in gold and then colored with my Zig Clean Color Brush watercolors.  The striped paper is from a DCWV foiled vellum pad which I cut with MFT's stitched basic edges.  The vellum leaves were cut with MB fresh foliage die.  I left a sentiment off to be added on another day.  Even if I did screw up on the 90 minute challenge, I really like how this card turned out.

I was thinking of the colors in this week's Card Concept Challenge as I created this card, so will enter it in that challenge too.  Not sure which category it is, but will go with "classy and elegant."


Thanks for stopping by and always enjoy reading your kind comments.  Betty

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this card is so Classy and Elegant!! Love the colored butterfly with the vellum leaves and that wonderful striped background! So thrilled that you played along with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - splendid "screw up" Betty! This is absolutely beautiful, very striking - well done ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Betty, I loved this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful Card.... Love the butterfly

    Hugs, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pretty butterfly, Betty! The stripes and curved edges add such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love the curve, the black stripes and the gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Betty, love your interpretation of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Betty, love your interpretation of the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome card! I love the butterfly, very elegant. Thanks for joining is at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your card is gorgeous, Betty! Never mind the instructions...the diagonal stripes are so pretty and I love the curve along the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!