>

Sunday, April 24, 2016

CAS MIX-UP #2

Decided to play around this afternoon with one more card for the CAS Mix-Up challenge for April which has to be clean and simple+stenciling+choice.  




I wanted the stenciling to be very subtle so used a leaves stencil with versamark - it's difficult to see - maybe a bit easier to see in the close up - believe me it's pretty in real life.  The WOS on the butterfly doesn't show up much either.  The sentiment is a combo of a die cut and stamp.  The butterfly was cut from a piece of spatter paper lying on my desk and I inlaid the pink pieces cut from another scrap.  I put micropore tape on the back of the butterfly to stick the inlay in place.  So besides the stenciling there is spatter and inlaid die cuts as my "extras".


Thanks for stopping by - now I'm going to spend the rest of my Sunday reading a good book - it's a good day for that - raining!


11 comments:

  1. I love that subtly stenciled background, Betty! And your butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the tone-on-tone with your versamark stenciled leaves, Betty. Subtle, but so pretty and elegant. Gorgeous butterfly with the splattered body and pink inlay pieces. Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Betty! Have a great week! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had rain, sun & hail today--must be Spring--haha! Your Versamark stenciling is so effective & I love the butterfly--beautiful work as always, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful ... love all about your stunning butterfly

    Have a Nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the elegance of this - black script against pink and white is a real winner Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Betty that butterfly is gorgeous and framed so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterfly is pretty but it's the frame I really love. Very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Betty - love the subtle background stamping, perfect for that glorious butterfly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous card, Betty! I love the effect of the inlaid pieces on the butterfly, and your sentiment is perfect! Loving your spatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh so soft and pretty Betty. Love that pink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!