>

Friday, April 29, 2016

WELCOME BABY

Don't you dare laugh!!!  Who'd thunk I'd ever make a card with a yellow duckie????  Well, my niece had a little boy recently so of course I had to make a card to go along with the book I'm sending.


No card with flowers on it for a little boy - so I went rummaging through my drawer of odds and ends and found that cute little duck sticker.  I did have the die for the sentiment though.  Am taking the Clear and Sheer online card class, so thought I'd give a vellum shaker card a go, even though that hasn't been brought up - but sewing is one of the ways to attach vellum.  First, I rounded the corners and sewed the sides and bottom together - then I die cut a circle from the top (to make it look kind of like a bib), filled it with yellow and blue sequins and then finished up the sewing.  Added the sentiment, duckie and bow - and done!  And it really wasn't all that painful to make a card without flowers!!  By the way, I'm loving this online class - worth every penny!

Thanks for stopping by and love reading your kind comments.

11 comments:

  1. What a cute shaker card for a baby

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super clever idea for a baby design Betty! LOVE that it's a bib and LOVE that it's a shaker too ... and of course that sweet little duckie! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would I laugh - at anything you made, unless it was a yellow duckie - LOL Just kidding!!!! This is adorable Betty, andI love how you fashioned a bib style shaker - brilliant :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and cute design, Betty! Sewing is what I never tried on my card yet, I think I should try it. It gives to the card more "handmade" look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling bib shaker, Betty! So sweet with the little duckie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, Betty--so adorable! Love using vellum for a shaker--only have done that once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable card Betty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable Betty. Your niece is going to love this. Great design making it look like a baby's bib. And your duckie is so sweet! Great design with the shaker card of stitched vellum. So clever and creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not laughing, but smiling from ear to ear that you chose this darling yellow duckie for your card! I love how you sewed your shaker component, and your sentiment is fabulous! Really sweet card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well no, but how cute is that bib card? And a shaker too, fabulous card Betty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!