>

Sunday, April 24, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Mother's Day is fast approaching and the theme this week at CASology is "Mom". 

The base of my card is Concord & 9th's watercolored notecards - these come in gorgeous colors and are wonderful for creating a quick card.  I cut a piece to 4 1/4"x5 1/2" and stamped the pretty flowers from Gina K's Elegant Florals 2 set with Hero Arts intense black ink.  I used my MISTI to get a good black impression for the sentiment (also from the Gina K. set) in the center.  Copics were used to give the flowers a little more color which would blend with the background colors.  I die cut this piece with MFT frame die and popped the frame up with some foam tape on a card base.  Placed the center piece back to line up everything - had to add a few black lines with a fine tip pen to extend the stems of the flowers to the edge.  Added a few sequins for a little sparkle and done!  Sorry I can't link to the Gina K. stamps as their site is moving and is offline for a few days.
Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it Betty! Aren't those Concord & 9th note-cards just fabulous! I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty this is so pretty, that Concord & 9th note-card is such a pretty backdrop for your pretty flowers! Thank you for sharing with us at the CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Betty! I love how you stamped these pretty blooms with the watercolored note cards, and how you enhanced the colors with your Copics! Very clever and so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow--this is wonderful, Betty! I'm afraid I'll ruin the note cards (thank you again!), but maybe I will CASE you to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful and I do adore those Concord & 9th cards! Way to add the extra color with your Copics! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use the note cards! I never would have thought of doing anything like this. Thanks so much for sharing. A CASE coming up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and what a handy way to create a quick background with Concord & 9ths notecards!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card, love that quick background. Sometimes ya just need fast stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!