>

Saturday, April 23, 2016

THANK YOU

Inspired by all the Little Things is a wonderful new challenge with gorgeous photos for inspiration - and the photo this week is especially inspiring.  



At first I was going to watercolor the flower from the April My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts, but then after pondering the photo for a bit, I thought vellum for the flower would be best.  I white embossed the flower and leaves.  The flower was colored on the back with Copics (BV02 & BV04).  Decided to let that be the focal point and left the leaves uncolored.  The frame was die cut from the same cs as the card base and popped up with foam tape as was the flower.  The sentiment is from the same set as the flower.


Virginia's View is also having a Link-Up party with a friendship card as the theme so am entering this card there also.

Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.

20 comments:

  1. So lovely, Betty, and of course, I adore the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute stunner, Betty! I adore white embossing on vellum--need to do it more often! You've inspired me again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so elegant Betty. You've made a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Betty! I LOVE the vellum flower, so delicate, so pretty! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of vellum is so pretty and delicate, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty, love the large flower so much in vellum.
    Thanks for joining Inspired by all the little things
    Kim,DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty, love the large flower so much in vellum.
    Thanks for joining Inspired by all the little things
    Kim,DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, and I agree the vellum was a perfect choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous vellum flower, Betty - just love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a stunning card, Betty! I love how you used your Copics to color the bloom, and that you left the leaves white! I also love the frame! You did an amazing job with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so pretty! I like your idea of not coloring the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so pretty! I like your idea of not coloring the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful creation - understatement to the max ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Betty. The watercoloured and white embossed vellum is so light and airy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty your flower and design are beautiful! Love how you were inspired. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inspired by All the Little Things this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card! I absolutely love your vellum use and how elegant it came out. Love your take on the inspiration photo this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Your card is amazing! Thank you for sharing your artistic talent and being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!