>

Thursday, September 4, 2014

HOPE

When I saw the recent Fusion challenge, I immediately thought of an Emily Dickinson quote which is a favorite of mine.  The challenge has the option to use either the photo inspiration or the sketch or both.  My card is a combination of both.  The quote is computer generated because my stamp of that quote didn't fit in the opening very well.
I am sending this to a friend who is having surgery next week for colon cancer.

Supplies:
Dies: MB - Perched Reed Bird & Grove Branch
Inks: Ranger Distress - Fired Brick & Walnut Stain
Paper: SU Crumb Cake; Prima - Fairy Rhymes
Other: TH Sizzix Alterations Embossing Folder - Brick Wall

Thanks for visiting today and as always your kind comments.  Betty

11 comments:

  1. You captured the feel of this challenge so well, I can see both the sketch and the photo inspiration in your card Betty. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Betty - and a perfect sentiment for the occasion! Love the sweet bird and branch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the challenge! Love the shading on your embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card; your friend will feel your love and encouragement when she receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful card, Betty! I love how you shaded the brick background and bird, and the quote is just perfect! I'm sure your friend is going to love it, too! Hope her surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, you have NAILED the Fusion challenge. I love everything about it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Betty. A really lovely combination from the Fusion challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card, Betty... a great job you have done here

    Ha e a nice wekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS card Betty, so glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!