>

Monday, September 8, 2014

RAINDROPS ON AUTUMN LEAVES

Love to make autumn/fall cards and when I saw Lin's card here, I sort of copied her technique.  I just stamped the leaves in various distress inks on watercolor paper and then used my mini mister to spray it all over with water.  Blotted up some color as I went along and then dried with my heat gun.  When the color was too vibrant in some places,  I sprayed it again and again until I was happy with the results.  I die cut 3 leaves, glued them together, and then heat embossed them for the gold leaf in the center.  I made the "raindrops" by dropping little blobs of glossy accents on a piece of craft mat - takes hardly any time at all to dry clear and then I peeled them off and placed them where I wanted.  Adhered them to the card with a bit more glossy accents.  I found this better than dropping blobs directly onto the card.  Besides I ended up with a whole bunch of raindrops for the future!
I made the gold strip by heat embossing a long strip of paper and then cutting the narrow strips (Jennifer McGuire idea).

This is another one of my "no sentiment" cards, as I like the versatility of adding a sentiment when the card is needed for a particular occasion.

I am entering this in Curtain Call's challenge of "lovely leaves",  a2z scrapbooking's challenge of Autumn/Christmas and The Paper Players fall challenge.

Supplies:
Stamp: Hero Arts E2252 (part of a very old set "Petite Prints")
Die: Provo Craft "Fall Leaves" (also very old)
Inks: Ranger distress - seedless preserves, fired brick, wild honey, rusty hinge, scattered straw
Other: Ranger embossing powder - Liquid Platinum; Ranger Glossy Accents; SU "Sahara Sand" card

Thanks for visiting today and your kind comments.  Betty

19 comments:

  1. Love this! And thanks for info on the raindrops, I never thought of doing this, but now I have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! I will have to remember the raindrops too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Betty. I really like your soft watercolour background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully done, Betty! I love your raindrops. How clever of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful results, Betty - love the raindrops - what a fun idea! (and thanks for the mention)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love the autumn colors. Thanks for joining A2Z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really, really like this card! Thanks for the info on how you made it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really GORGEOUS, Betty! I love the technique you used for the leaves...the colors are so pretty, and I love how you created your own 'raindrops' with Glossy Accents...such a lovely effect!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at a2z Scrapbooking! I hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Betty and I'm especially happy that you took the extra time to enter your new Fall card into the challenge over at a2z!! Thanks so much for sharing and Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the monthly challenge at the a2z Scrapbooking blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty I LOVE your card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, this stands out a mile in the gallery at the Curtain Call! I think you did a stunning job of coloring and design and, sigh, I did not need to hear how you made those awesome raindrops! I just BOUGHT some, darn it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that raindrops. They are perfect fitting into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowww it's so beautiful , Betty .... love all your butterflies, colors and the raindrops

    Hugs, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Betty. Love the gorgeous water color leaves in the background. Nice colors. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous, Betty! The colors are amazing and I love the raindrops! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, Betty! I love the watercolor look of the leaves and the raindrops are the perfect accent...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!!! I just love that watercolor effect and the water droplets....AMAZING! Thank you so much for playing along with us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful Betty, the colour choice is stunning and the 'raindrops' a perfect finish...cheers Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!