>

Sunday, January 28, 2018

BE MY VALENTINE

Yesterday I had a lot of fun playing with Jennifer McGuire's alcohol ink lifting technique.  So today made a card for the The Paper Players sketch challenge using one of my hearts.

The heart was die cut from one of the HA Infinity Hearts and added to the doily embossed background.  Finished it off with a little sentiment and some gold thread (haven't used thread in a long time and forgot how much it adds to a card).  



Just finished this card so decided to add to this post - it was done with leftover inks from when I was doing the alcohol lifting.  Jennifer shows how to do this in her video.

Glad you stopped by today and always appreciate your kind comments.

12 comments:

  1. Just love what you did with the alcohol ink lifting, Betty! So beautiful on the embossed doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards, are both just so pretty. You definitely mastered the technique. Gorgeous stuff Betty.

    I watched the video, and will probably have to watch it again. My AI are in my new stuff basket and one of these days I will give em a play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read her post, but haven't been able to watch the video yet. Gotta say--think I like your heart the best, Betty, with that gorgeous floral image! You've inspired me to stop reading blogs & make something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful! I watched Jennifer's video but haven't had a chance to try it! The roses look gorgeous on the heart and it's amazing that you were able to do another card with the lifted ink, love it! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colors and gorgeous cards!! The stitched edge is such a lovely accent! I watched the video, nice inspiration from Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards...great colors and well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I saw that video too and filed it away for future reference but your rosy heart ..... utterly gorgeous. The little bit of gold does add something. The textured background also adds a little something. Great card and great use of Nance's sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Betty. I can't wait to get home and get my inks out and have a play. Your heart is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are pretty! Love the alcohol ink colors and the golden thread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards Betty. Will check out Jennifer's video. I love how the lifting shows those beautiful roses on your heart. Really pretty with the gold thread. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, both your cards are gorgeous. You've intrigued me with your technique and I'm anxious to check out the video. So glad you shared with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!