>

Saturday, January 20, 2018

PAINT SWATCH FLORALS

I have had a lot of fun playing with my new Fantasy Floral dies from Altenew and wanted to use them to make a set of cards for a gift.  My problem was I didn't have a great variety of coordinating colors - so off to the paint store to pick up some paint swatches.  They were so much fun to pick out and already were arranged in a gradation of colors - easy peasy!!  The new Pantone colors of the year were even there.



Also grabbed a bunch of different greens for leaves.  So now have a great selection of card starters.  The only problem I had with the paint swatches was that if you need to rub off some glue the color comes with it - I used a fine tip glue pen to put my flowers together and only messed up one flower.  Most of these colors are from Glidden paints and have a rather shiny finish on the paper.  Think I'll check out some other paint departments for a matte finish paper.

Have a good weekend.  Going to see the new movie "The Post" and out for pizza after with a bunch of friends.



9 comments:

  1. Paint swatches - what a fantastic idea, Betty! And I love your beautiful bouquet against the wood planking! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Betty, especially that you can get the swatches in larger cards now with just a single color on them. Enjoy your movie - I did, saw it with my Dad Wednesday. Have a great lunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Now I know how I can use the paint swatches I've saved in a box! LOL! I love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!! Saw and loved the Post. Hope you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day--a movie I want to see. Oh boy are those flowers beautiful! Thinking I may move those dies to the top of my Altenew wishlist! They look wonderful in every color! I have some paint chips around here, but never used them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paint swatches are great! Those are a lot of lovely roses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for making your flowers. The flowers are amazing in the different tones and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to use paint swatches...you clever girl! Love your choice of colors, too!
    Hope you had fun movie/pizza night with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative Betty!! I would have never guessed that these were paint chips (as we call them here in Canada). Very cool! Love the flowers on the barn board background. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!