>

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

HOMEWORK

Last week I took another class from Altenew Academy - this one was taught by Lydia Evans and every day had a wonderful die cutting technique.




For the first card, we learned how to do hinged letters using the Bold Alphabet dies - I did a very simplified version with only patterned paper behind my die cut letters.

The second card used die cuts on a piece of acetate for a lovely see through effect - I CASED Lydia's card using some die cuts from Winnie and Walter (Maggie's Blooms) as I didn't have the Altenew Rose Filament dies.  I used spray adhesive for the first time to adhere the dies cuts - worked really well. I needed another valentine, but think this would make a beautiful wedding card - it was pretty fiddly to make but love how it turned out.

I have enjoyed every class I've taken from AA and would highly recommend them - great price point too!

Thanks for stopping by...

7 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, Betty- looks like you had a fun class!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Girl getting your homework done, and such beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Betty!!! The hinged love in pink and pink hearts are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get an A+, but that's to be expected from a teacher--haha! The hinged letters are super fun & the flowers on acetate are gorgeous! I have spray adhesive, but really don't like using it. Love the gold glitter strips on the 2nd card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Betty. Top of the class for you! I still have this class to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I'm taking this class too and I used spray adhesive too. Worked better and don't seem to see the adhesive from the back too so I didn't need to put the die cuts on the back of the acetate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!